Top 10 Favorite Films

Hello people, today I want to talk about my 10 favorite movies ever. I don’t have a specific criterion in film: I could like a film for the story, for the emotions that it gives to me, for the message it sends. In this list you will find movies really different from each other. Here we go. 

1) Django Unchained 
As I said here, I love this movie. Quentin Tarantino is a genius. But the merit goes to Jamie Foxx, Christofer Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio too. Two Oscar winners and “a half” that made this movie absolutely outstanding. 



2) Moulin Rouge
The soundtrack is the best part of the movie (as in every Luhrmann’s film). Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor are amazing together but my favorite part is “El tango de Roxanne”. I would watch that scene again and again and again.. My feelings will always be the same. 
Baz Luhrmann is the director that never let me down. All his films are stunning with casts incredibly talented.



3) The Social Network
This movie is not on the list because I liked Mark Zuckerberg’s story; actually I’m pretty impressed but it’s not the reason why I love this film. I’m astonished because of Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield. Their performances together are something magical. The ability to create a complicity as strong as their makes this film amazing. Bravo also to Justin Timberlake but I still prefer him as a singer. 



4) Dallas Buyers Club
I can’t say the same thing for Jared Leto. Everything he does become pure gold. Singer, musician, actor and style icon. One of the most talented person ever. The Academy Award was totally deserved. Same for Matthew McConaughey, winner for Best Actor in a Leading Role. Chapeau! 



5) Frozen
Yes, the disney movie. Recently, Disney is producing films really different from the older ones. This is an example. We have a princess (Anna) that wants to marry a prince and her team-mate Kristoff that is in disbelief because she just met him the same day of the proposal (hey Disney’s princesses, he’s talking to all of you!). Also we have Anna’s sister, queen Elsa, that goes in exile because she can’t handle her power and puts her own country in a perpetual winter. At the end of the film Anna risks her own life to save Elsa and just a “true love kiss” will save her. No prince charming will save her life (also because prince charming is dick). The true love kiss is a “fraternal love kiss”, that’s why Elsa saved Anna. Women don't always need men to save their lives. Thanks Disney. 



6) The King’s Speech
Another outstanding performance of Colin Firth but my congratulations go to Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush too. I loved the story (a true story) and I’m really happy that mr Firth won an Oscar for his performance. 



7) Chicago
Musical! I love musicals. This is a masterpiece by Rob Marshall. Whenever I watch this film, it catches me like the first time. Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Richard Gere. There are no adjectives to describe this amazing trio. And the soundtrack is awesome. Have you ever watched the “Cell Block Tango” scene? If not, you should. 



8) The Artist
A silent movie that says lots of things. I fell in love with Jean Dujardin because of it. And the Oscar is totally deserved. I also liked Bérénice Bejo, perfect for her part. Michel Hazanavicius surprised the entire cinematic industry with this revolutionary film.



9) Silver Linings Playbook
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence couple of the year 2012. It’s a different love story that will make you smile and cry of joy, because of the big complicity between the two actors. Amazing Robert De Niro, as always. 


10) Inception
Christopher Nolan king of science fiction films. This one will drive you crazy. It’s a trip inside the mind of people and it’s hard to understand the difference between reality and the  “dream” world. Exceptional cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy's 'Tangentopoli' Scandal - 1992.

Harassers.

The Hobbit: The End of an Era.