Off-topic: Women don't lose your Dignity.

 Still from "Breaking the girls" (2013)


I just want to say a thing to all the women out there: I don't care if you drink the entire bar and get drunk when you go out, it's up to you. But I just have a little request. Please, please don't lose your dignity. 

I'm a 19-year-old woman and unfortunately I saw many girls that have my same age getting totally drunk and losing control, bitching around, twerking on guys' faces or kissing randomly boys and girls. Saying these things, I don't mean that girls can't have one-night stands with more than a guy. Everyone is free to do whatever they want because we fortunately live in a free country, but please do it with consciousness. It's so sad seeing girls after they had sex with boys (that they don't even know) that don't remember a single thing about what happened. 

Still from "Lizzie Borden's Revenge" (2014)


I don't know why certain girls act like that. They lose their dignity just for a bit of attention by the male audience and then regret everything. Years fighting to have our freedom and our emancipation wasted just in one night. 

I proudly say that I'm a feminist and I believe in equality between sexes but this behavior sounds like submission to me. An unconscious submission, and many men seems to appreciate this thing. If we don't learn how to respect our own body, how can we pretend to be respected by other people? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy's 'Tangentopoli' Scandal - 1992.

Harassers.

The Hobbit: The End of an Era.