How To Get Away With Murder (REVIEW)


I just finished watching "How To Get Away With Murder". I spent the last two days going crazy over this TV show and I finally finished the first season. Many of you may say that my game is too weak, like "Did you watch a season in two days?? Such a greenhorn!". 

Well, I'm a newbie in this TV series world and I like to think that I'm too busy doing other stuff to watch fifteen episodes in one go. 

Anyway, How to Get Away With Murder. The most practical module I've ever seen in my life. Thank God I'm not a law student. 

The show is about five law students, Wes Gibbins, Connor Walsh, Michaela Pratt, Asher Millstone, Laurel Castillo, chosen by the lecturer and lawyer Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) to be part of her team among with Bonnie Winterbottom (Liza Weil) and Fran DelFino (Charlie Weber). 

Among all the background stories that are all the cases that Prof. Keating works on with her team, there is the main story, the murder of one of the students of the Middleton University, Lila Stangard, and subsequently the murder of her alleged lover, professor at the same university and no other than Annalise Keating's husband Sam Keating. And all of the students will be unexpectedly involved in it.

HTGAWM (this is how it abbreviated, it is easier to call it with its full name though) really caught me. I listened spellbound to Viola Davis' harangues in court and I admire her, it doesn't matter how many bad things she did in her life. I've always wanted to be able to argue like she does. Always ready to answer properly to the question. 


It is also full of plot twists. A few of them are quite obvious, other not. I didn't see many things coming in this show and I'm not here to spoil everything, but wow. Really, wow.

So, at first, it might look like a show about a bunch of spoilt, rich and extremely gorgeous law students learning how to do their job, but it is not. 

Besides, you don't want to miss Mr. Alfred Enoch AKA Dean Thomas from Harry Potter playing the leading role. He grew up and he did it really well.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Italy's 'Tangentopoli' Scandal - 1992.

Harassers.

The Hobbit: The End of an Era.